Colleges Week 2020
Colleges Week 2020 celebrates all the fantastic work done nationally by colleges all over the UK – including BMet.
The week (19 – 23 October) is a chance to celebrate and shout about all the brilliant things that colleges do, day in and day out to build communities, boost businesses, and support individuals.
In particular, the week shines a light on all the challenges thrown up by CV19 and how colleges have responded.
We have shared highlights of our work across all our social media platforms under the #loveourcolleges and #collegesweek hashtags.
Despite the many challenges of Covid-19 this year, BMet has continued to provide a high level of support for young people and adult learners alike.
Highlights this year for us have included:
- Supporting the FE Foodbank Friday initiative
- Staff and students supporting individuals in lockdown through the NHS Volunteer Responders Programme
- Use of online learning tools during lockdown and beyond and adding some celebrity sparkle
- Supporting adult learners via the launch of our Career Advance Academy offering free careers advice and guidance and retraining
- Sharing our own lockdown stories and the creation of a video to inspire people
Colleges Week is led by the Association of Colleges, the membership, support and lobbying body for colleges across the UK.
Visit our social media channels to see all of our activity and to find out more.